If you clean your screens regularly, you won’t need to purchase a cleaning solution. Cleaning your solar screens is easy and won’t take much time.
To begin, you will need a few supplies – some you already have at home and the rest can be purchased at Target, WalMart, Home Depot, Lowe’s of a similar store:
- Synthetic sponge
- Soft bristled brush
- Mild Soap
- Dry cotton cloth
- And of course, bit of sunshine!
Seven Steps for Solar Screen Cleaning:
- Fill a bucket with warm water and mild soap.
- Remove the solar screen from window.
- Use the sponge and brush to remove dirt from the screen by scrubbing lightly across the entire surface. Be careful not to press too firmly on the screens when cleaning.
- Rinse the screen with water.
- Once rinsed, check to see if any dirt remains; if so, repeat the cleaning process.
- Rinse a final time with water.
- Dry the screens with a soft absorbent cloth first and then complete the drying process by sitting the screens in an open, sunny spot.
That’s all there is to it!
If you’re thinking about installing solar screens for your home in Henderson, Summerlin or anywhere in the Las Vegas area, please contact Las Vegas Shutter Company. Ken Gregg has been installing solar screens, shutters, blinds and all other kinds of home window coverings for two decades. Call Ken directly at 702.896.6900 and he will give you a free in-person consultation.